Here's a summary of our T's and C's... (Please note that the full text is contained in our charter contract document which will be sent to you as part of the booking pack)
01 Oct–15 Dec
16 Dec-31 Mar
|Jeanneau 50 DS||2015||3||2+2+2+2s||2||$5000||1280||1380||1410|
|Beneteau 57 **||2006||3||2+2+2+2b+2s||2||$5000||1700||1750||2000|
Rates are per 24-hour day, in $NZD and include Goods and Services Tax. Prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed until a booking deposit is made
* Berths Code: "2" indicates a Double Cabin. "1s" and "2s" are single and double berths in the saloon. "2B" is a bunk-cabin
** Please note that all vessels are operated directly by Charterlink under our Operators Certificate except Beneteau 57, for which Charterlink is booking agent only, and that vessel is operated by another party
Table revised Oct 2016
- We’ll talk with you to establish your vessel preference and availability dates.
- CharterLink will send you an invoice and payment schedule, charter agreement, bond form, skipper resume and crew list for your completion.
- A deposit of 25% of the total charter fee is required within 7 days of booking to confirm your charter. Payment in full is required 60 days prior to charter commencement date.
A security and damage bond is required by our insurers for all charters. Bonds vary from $2500 to $5000 depending on the boat’s insurance excess. (In most situations, the vessel has insurance to cover loss or damage in excess of the bond value, but there are some circumstances under which the Charterer may be liable beyond the value of the Bond, as listed in the Charter Agreement.) The bond is fully refundable after your charter, less deductions for any loss or damage, when boat checks have been completed. We normally reserve this as an authorized amount against a credit card prior to sailing. Please complete and return the bond payment form included with your booking forms.
- 16 December to 20 January: 5 days
- 21 January to 28 Feb : 4 days
- Public Holiday weekends :3 days
- Rest of the year: 2 days. (Bavaria 46 has a 3 day minimum all year).
We normally book vessels a minimum of two weeks in advance... but do please ask if you want a short-notice charter, we will try to accomodate you! In order to get your preferred dates and vessels, though, we advise getting in a lot earlier ... demand is already strong for the 2018 season!
We'll happily provide a discount for
- Long Charters (over 7 days)
- Repeat Business (within 2 years)
- Multiple Vessel Charters
- Coastguard Members & NZDF
For a modest surcharge we will happily provide services outside our normal range such as
- Short Notice Charters
- Charters of less than the minimum duration
- Live-aboard in the marina charters
An extensive briefing will be given on your vessel, including navigation, anchoring, safety and practical boat handling tips. The brief will also include information on anchorages and points of interest within your preferred cruising ground. Briefings can be held in advance of your charter commencement by mutual agreement.
Charters can commence or end at any time between 0900 and 1600 hours, Monday – Sunday; we’re flexible as long as you prearrange things with us.
Cancellations by You: Cancellations made prior to 60 days before the commencement of charter will result in a refund of deposit less a NZ$150 administration fee. Cancellations made less than 60 days from the commencement of charter will result in a refund, (less the admin fee,) ONLY if a substitute charter can be booked.
Cancellations by Us: The Charter contract details our policies in the event that we are forced to cancel charters, for reasons such as dangerous weather conditions or vessel damage. We recommend that you consider insuring against such events.
- For charters of 5 days or more, Linen/ Towels are complimentary. For shorter charters, they are available for $20 per set
- Charterlink can provide a qualified skipper for $575 per day plus meals.
- We can hire you fishing gear or snorkeling gear
Our vessels are based at Bayswater, Auckland, in the heart of the Hauraki Gulf. The Gulf abounds with beautiful islands, snug anchorages, great open water sails, marine life and great scenery! Normally charters start and finish at Bayswater
If you want to cruise the 110 miles of coast from Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf to the Bay of Islands, as long as the total duration of your charter is ten days or more we can arrange a one-way charter for you. Charters to the Bay of Islands finish at Opua Marina, which is about 10 minutes by car from the tourist town of Paihia.. A drop off in Opua incurs a repositioning fee equivalent to two days’ charter, and includes a one-night marina berth in Opua.